Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dredd 3D Video

           

            Holy mother of God….this video…so many bad memories….yet so close to being perfect yet so far.


Ok, if you guys bothered to watch it, you may have noticed a huge problem right off the bat; the video quality was terrible.  The first mistake we made was filming this in front of a window during the daylight and because of this the lighting was constantly inconsistent.  But the main reason the quality was poor was something a little more…technical.  Remember in the last post how I mentioned that for some reason the edited movie clips for Expendables 2 kept corrupting on me as I was in the middle of editing?  Well it was even worse here.  When I finally finished editing I couldn’t render the damn thing because the edited movie footage corrupted AS THE VIDEO RENDERED!  As a result I had to go and delete large portions of the video so I could render a smaller part of it, before reloading it and having to do it all over again with a later part of the video and then had to edit the individual parts together and it somehow drastically reduced the video quality.  Don’t ask me how or why because I honestly don’t know.  It also didn’t help that around the same time I was having a lot of personal issues and it ended up delaying the filming and recording of this video by an entire week.  Because of these problems, two new lessons were ground into my head.  The first was to never film in front of a window during the daylight as it messes with the lighting.  And the second was to stop using Windows Live Movie Maker.  Within the next few weeks I switched over to Adobe Premiere Pro and haven’t looked back.
But on a more positive note, this one was a radical improvement over the Expendables 2 video.  For one thing, Korsgaard actually wrote out a script for the review giving me some idea how it would go.  Granted I had to rewrite half the damn thing, (something I almost gave myself a cowriter credit for), but it was a lot more than what I had to work with then the last vid.  And obviously his performance here is a lot better.  It was just a massive shame that technical problems brought it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment